As you all may know in 2016, FIRS will change the format of both Couples Dance and Solo Dance. We will have one compulsory dance in both Junior and Senior Couples and Solo Dance events at the World Championships, and will replace the Original Dance with “Style Dance” which will include one sequence of a compulsory dance within it, and two sequences of a compulsory dance if it is a half‐pattern dance.
For 2016 the dances will be as follows and each year CIPA will announce the Musical Theme and the dances to be included.
2016 – Junior Team
- Style Dance: “Swing Medley” to include 2 sequences of the Rocker Foxtrot.
- Compulsory Dance: Flirtation Waltz
2016 – Senior Team
- Style Dance: “Swing Medley” to include 2 sequences of the Quickstep.
- Compulsory Dance: Starlight Waltz
2016 – Junior Solo
- Style Dance: “Classic Medley” to include one sequence of the Flirtation Waltz.
- Compulsory Dance: Rocker Foxtrot
2016 – Senior Solo
- Style Dance: “Classic Medley” to include one sequence of the Starlight Waltz.
- Compulsory Dance: Quickstep
Please find within this announcement the details required in the Style Dance for Couples and the details for Solo. Also included are the new Rules for Free Dance Couples, and for Solo Dance.
For a demonstration of “Style Dance” please watch the following link. You will see the dance transition from an Original Dance done in Classical Medley to the Starlight Waltz and then back into the Classical Medley.
Click to watch “Solo Style Dance”